In this post I looked at reasons why a good title is essential. These are some suggestions for turning a bland title into one that captures the imagination of the reader.
For example, suppose you write an article about “Getting links to your blog” On its own this is particularly boring, especially because this topic has been done many times. These ideas can make it more attractive. Which do you think is most interesting? which would you want to read?
1. How To:
“How to create more inbound links to your blog”
- We read articles if they are informative, how to, suggests we will be told something useful.
“Secrets of Gaining inbound links”
This suggests there are actually some new ideas for getting links that haven’t been covered on the other 10,000 + SEO blogs.
- People love the debunking of conventional wisdom
“Myths about getting inbound links to your blog”
- Encourages reader participation
“What is the most effective way of Getting inbound links?”
5. Top 10:
- The popularity of lists on the internet, never ceases to amaze me .
“Top 10 Strategies for getting more inbound links”
6. How I did it:
- A personal story and personal experience is a good opportunity to make the article unique. People respond very well to a unique, personal perspective.
“How I got 100 links in my first month of Blogging”
- (who is Paris Hilton anyway?)
“How Paris Hilton can help you get a ton of inbound links”