Problogger is suggesting we kickstart our blog by writing some list posts. But I think writing in lists is for dummies, so here’s my top 10 reasons why lists are rubbish.
1. They are for the lazy, who can’t be bothered to write a proper article
2. Did William Shakespeare write in lists?
- To be
- Or not
- to be
- That is the question
- Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
- The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
- Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
not quite the same ring to it somehow…
3. They reduce arguments to simple statements.
4. I can only think of 4 good reasons, but this is supposed to be a top 10. so the next 6 will just be to fill in the gaps.
5. See number 4.
6. What’s wrong with writing in paragraphs?
7. They encourage mediocrity and the internet needs more quality not quantity.
8. Do we really need another “top 10 wordpress plugins.” or “top 10 benefits of writing in lists” ?
10. I can’t count higher than 10.
Thanks to JP for a similar idea a while back