It is always a good idea to step back and evaluate your own blog. Have a look at your own blog today, and think what you need to do to improve it. I had a quick brainstorm session and realised that there are quite a few things I should be doing.
10 Things I should do more of on this blog
1. Write to first time commentators, and reply to their comments.
2. Write speedlinking posts, which are collections of the best links of the week. – A great resource for readers and also a great way to meet new bloggers.
3. Use wasted space on my header. Its a lot of blue space, which is not used for anything. I am currently testing out blog themes at other blogs, if successful I can use the same theme here.
4. Move to unlimited bandwidth. At the moment, this blog is not on unlimited bandwidth. If I suddenly got on Digg home page, I may be left with many bitter regrets.
5. Write a post everyday. Rather than just posting anything, I should build up a bank of good posts for when I need to fill in a few daily gaps.
6. Highlight best posts of month from this site.
7. Link more to other bloggers. The problem is it is quite time consuming to find suitable links.
8. Get A contact form.
9. Have a blog contest, to encourage reader interaction.
10. A killer logo and tagline. Current logo is too ordinary.
That’s quite a lot of work I need to do. If you have any other suggestions I would be grateful to hear. Of course, giving advice is one thing; but, as the old saying goes: actions speak louder than words.