These are a few quick tricks can make a big difference to the quality of your blog post. The best thing about these ideas is that they are not time consuming to implement. It is simple additions / changes that can make the difference between an average blog post and an exceptional blog post.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Keep it Simple.
Don’t write more than necessary. Write with purpose and stick to the point.
2. Use Quotes
If you can’t think of a pithy quote, which captures people’s imagination, don’t worry – use the inspiration of the experts.
“Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all.”
- Winston Churchill
3. Have Something Different to Say
Don’t write another post that has already been written several times in the past 24 hours. Look at your blogging from a different angle. Don’t just use RSS feeds for writing inspiration. – Do you stand out from the Crowd?
4. Check For Obvious Mistakes.
If you don’t, somebody else will get great pleasure in reminding you of the difference between:
- Their – (refers to person) – Their command of the English language is better than yours
- There – (refers to place) – You should go to the library over there.
- “Its” – possessive pronoun. – This is its proper use
- “It’s” – short for it is. – It’s going to be a lovely day.
5. Use Lists
Lists are great to write, easy to read, and easy to scan. They may annoy a few English language purists. But, the success of your blog does not depend on this!
6. Use A bit of Humour
7. Choose the Right Title.
Make sure the title gives people a reason to read the whole blog post. If your title is boring, the blog post will be in vain – because most people will not get further than a cursory glance at the title. – Creating Eye catching Titles
8. Make the First Sentence Count.
If you start your blog entry with the latest veterinary exploits of your 10 year old cat, don’t forget you will have lost 80% of your readers at the first sentence. Make it interesting, set up the rest of your blog post. This sentence is the most important in the whole article. – The importance of your first sentence
9. Use A Photo
Using Photos creates a new dimension to your blog. It can create a captivating impression and helps your blog post stand out in people’s RSS feeds. (Now I just need to find a suitable picture)
10. Encourage Comments
Your readers probably have many good ideas, so try to encourage them to share their inspiration and advice.
11. Offer an extra point at No Extra cost
Another good suggestion is to link to your best articles, buried in your archives
- Please feel free to leave comments. I will link to the blogs of those who leave the best suggestions for easy ways to improve blog posts.