Yesterday, I mentioned the importance of getting a good logo. A good logo does several things including helping to build your blog brand.
Importance of Branding Your Blog
- Helps you to stand out from the crowd
- Makes your blog memorable, rather than another statistic
- A strong brand will make people take more notice. For example, if Problogger writes a post about linking it has more authority than if some unknown blogger wrote the same thing on a .blogspot domain.
- Helps to tell readers what your blog is about. – Too many blogs fail to do that. You can there and you have to work out what it’s all about.
How To Develop Your Blog Brand
- Pick a catchy and memorable title and tagline.
- Have a distinctive blog design. At least get a custom designed logo.
- Have a clear purpose for the blog. (note don’t feel obliged to get that purpose straight off, sometimes it becomes clearer after first few weeks blogging)
- Stick to certain topics / style.
- Write in a consistent way.
- Quality is preferable to quantity when writing posts. Many high RSS subscriber blogs have a weekly output of 2-3 posts.
- Give it a Personal Perspective. Writing from experience or with real life examples helps to make the blog more interesting and memorable.
- Look at Professional companies and how they build brand loyalty and brand differentiation. Visit Bonbrand for ideas.